Monday 29 September 2014

5 Items You Must Have In Your Makeup Bag



A lot of us might be in the stage where we're still getting into makeup and slowly in the process of building up your collection or maybe you already have a lot of makeup and just want to buy more products to try (I hoard a lot of makeup). Whichever it is, i'm going to be telling you 5 items that I think you should have in your makeup bag. I'll be giving a drugstore and high-end option to each item so don't you worry! Just a heads up, I live in Canada so all the prices I list are in Canadian Dollars.

1. Liquid Eyeliner
Some of us may prefer gel, pencil, or cake liner over liquid eyeliner but I said liquid eyeliner, especially the ones in pen form, because I find it quick and easy to use. I personally always do winged liner on a daily basis so getting that perfect flick is really important to me. I also find that I can do my winged eyeliner very quickly when I use liquid liner as opposed to using gel. A drugstore liquid liner I recommend would be the L'oréal Liquid Artist Eyeliner - $10.36 (Walmart CDN). A high-end liquid liner I recommend is the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - $26 (Sephora CDN).


2. Cream Blush/Multiple Sticks
I never really thought about having this as a "must have" but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense as to why it should be. Here's the thing, since its a cream blush or multiple stick, you can use it for 'multiple' reasons. You can use it as a blush, lipstick, maybe even eyeshadow if you want. Having a cream blush or multiple stick while you're travelling is ideal for most people because they can cut down on the products they need to bring. A cream blush from the drugstore I recommend is the L'oréal Paris Visible Lift Colour Lift Blush - $15.98 (Walmart CDN) and a high-end product I recommend is Tarte Cheek Stain - $36 (Sephora CDN).

3. Cream Eyeshadows
Why must you have cream eyeshadows? I like using a cream eyeshadow, whether its a matte white or nude as a base/primer. You can usually get away with skipping the eyeshadow primer step if you use a cream shadow because it acts as your primer. If you use a cream shadow with colour, for example I use a shimmery purple cream shadow as a base then put a purple eyeshadow on top. That would make the purple stand out even more. If you're using a matte white then that would make any eyeshadow colour pop. I would recommend the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils - $4.50 (NYX Website USD) as a drugstore option and for a high-end option I recommend the MAC Paint Pots - $25 (MAC Cosmetics CDN).

4. Illuminating Concealer
Concealer seems like something that should obviously be in your makeup bag but i'm going to tell you different uses for concealers and what you can choose from. Now there are regular concealers that cover up the problem spots you want hidden and toned down. You can also use a colour corrector before that but i'll get into those in another post. Theres also illuminating concealers. These are meant to cover and brighten up your under eyes and you can also use it as a highlighter on your face. You don't want to put an illuminating concealer on problem spots because you don't want to draw attention to that spot. You can also use these concealers as an eye primer and it also helps cover veins on your eyelids if you do have visible veins there. One of the drugstore ones I recommend would be the L'oréal Magic Lumi Concealer - $11.46 (Walmart CDN) and a high-end illuminating concealer I recommend is YSL Touche Écalt Radiant Touch Concealer - $50 (Sephora CDN).

5. Translucent Powder
I say translucent powder rather than a coloured powder is because if you use it to touch up throughout the day, you're less likely to end up looking caked up. If you're oily, there's always translucent powder to make your face matte. This helps sets your makeup and make sure it doesn't slip and slide off your face during the day. I read a few days ago that if you ran out of your dry shampoo, you can use translucent powder as a substitute for dry shampoo. I haven't tried it out but thats another great reason why you should carry translucent powder! My favourite translucent powder from the drugstore is the NYC Smooth Skin Translucent Loose Powder (I can't find the price of it online but you can find it anywhere that sells NYC products, plus they have a pressed powder version) and for high-end I would recommend Make Up Forever HD Mircofinish Powder - $39 (Sephora CDN).

Remember, these might not be everyones must haves in their makeup bag but I wanted to share what I thought was. I tried to pick more versatile items because its great for travelling or just putting in your purse since you won't have to carry tons of items. If theres something that is your must have but I didn't mention it above, feel free to leave a comment telling me what it is! (^▽^)

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC